‘The best thing of music is the people it brings to our lives’ (Egberto Gismonti, in a conversation).
Over the years I have been having the pleasure to have piano and toy piano works composed for me. Some times, we were friends then the composer decided to write a piece for me, some times, the composer first wrote the music, then the friendship followed the work…
In this series of concerts I will be playing a programme all made of these pieces written for me. They are going to be intimate concerts, a celebration of these encounters and friendships that music brings to us.
The first concert of the series happened in Birmingham on Saturday 23rd March.
Next dates are:
More dates to follow later in the year in Rio de Janeiro.
Hope seeing you soon!
– ‘Light Spellsphere’, by Ben Gaunt (world premiere)
– ‘Night Mirrors’, by Angela Elizabeth Slater Composer
– ‘Para a frente’ for toy piano, by Yfat Soul Zisso – Composer and Singer
– ‘Wax Candles’, by Michael Taplin – Composer
– ‘Peça para piano, by Paulo Dantas
– ‘Colour Etude II’ for toy piano and electronics, by Omar Peracha
– ‘Night over Berstane’ for toy piano and piano, by Max Gibson
– ‘Bonsho’ by James Albany Hoyle
– ‘Piano piece for Késia’ for piano and recorded sounds, by Austin Sherlaw-Johnson
– ‘Three pages for a pianist (for KD)’, by Martin Hackett
– (title tbc), by Daniel Puig
– ‘… times when… all there is…’ by Max Gibson
Many thanks to composers: Angela Elizabeth Slater, Austin Sherlaw-Johnson, Ben Gaunt, Daniel Puig, James Albany Hoyle, Martin Hackett, Max Gibson, Michael Taplin, Omar Peracha, Paulo Dantas, Yfat Soul Zisso